The Equities Research Associate Analyst supports both Portfolio Managers and Analysts in their Investment
decisions. The position involves attending company meetings, forecasting profits & cash flow as well as valuing
businesses. The successful candidate should have modelling experience and working knowledge of accounting and
finance coupled a keen interest and passion for investing.
- Models corporate financial statements into the future (minimum of 3 years) to assess potential company earnings and/or cash flow.
- Evaluates corporate financial statement outputs to assess the worth of the company using multiple techniques such as discounted cash flow analysis, price-to-earnings ratio and price-to-cash flow ratios.
- Participates in conference calls to review companies' quarterly earnings and quickly assimilates the information to assist the Analysts in their investment decisions.
- Handles various projects such as analysis of competitive funds, managing stock watch lists for possible buys/sells, and quantitative screening of companies which in turn provides information to Portfolio Managers and Analysts that help make them more effective in their buy/sell decisions.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Academic excellence.
- Strong and demonstrable financial analysis including accounting & financial modelling skills.
- Strong interest and knowledge of financial markets, especially Equities.
- Keen interest in investing.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and a good writer.
- Solid understanding of the Financials sector - Insurance/Asset Managers/Banks
- Personal and/or professional investment experience (i.e. internships)
- CFA qualification or in progress
- Competitive nature
- Experience with market data services (ex. Factset, Bloomberg etc.)
- Approx. 4 years’ experience from Investment banking, Private Equity or Investment management
- Maybe grad programme followed by 2 years in Equity research
- Financial sector coverage – Insurance, asset managers or banks
- Excellent academics
- Evidence of an interest in investing
- Modelling skills
- Leaderships skills
London, London, United Kingdom